There is continued news about the rejection of the nomination of Naim Mala to be Kosovo's ambassador to Switzerland. Switzerland has reportedly expressed concern over Mala's dual Swiss-Kosovo citizenship. There are rumors that Switzerland has stated that he is "not welcome" due to his criminal record however these reports were denied by the Swiss foreign minister who says that there is only a problem with diplomatic immunity due to Mala's dual citizenship. There is speculation that the fuss over Mala's nomination comes from political opposition within Kosovo and has been fueled by the Kosovo media.
MTCowgirl's Kosovo News
- Kosovo will privatize electricity distribution
- Sweden will assist Kosovo property tax agency
- Kosovo police fired for lack of professionalism
- Kosovo universities start new academic year
- Black market petrol rules Northern Kosovo
- EULEX to start by end of year
- EULEX sets six standards for policing
- Canada rules on money laundering case with Kosovo ties
- (When) Will Macedonia recognize Kosovo?
- ICG says West failed to meet commitments in Kosovo
- TV adverts to push Kosovo recognition
- I wonder what will happen if Kosovo request to become a member of the Organization of the Islamic Conference ?
- Kosovo story continues at international level
- Tired story of UNMIK's departure