Sunday, January 9, 2005

Smokey is a Father?!?!

Oh please, please tell me that it isn't true!  After arriving back in Kosovo, I discovered two little puppies visiting Smokey in his kennel every morning and eating his food.  Smokey did not chase them off but rather sat on top of his doghouse and oversaw the eating of his food.  I first noticed a little black puppy (about a month old) in the morning because I heard very high-pitched barking outside.  The puppy was defending the food from the birds and chasing them off.  At least he knows that part better than Smokey!  Then I saw a little brown puppy who doesn't seem as afraid as the black one of me.  I was able to get close enough to take a picture of Smokey and the brown puppy together and the resemblance is scary!!!  Could Smokey possibly have become a father during one of his famed escape nights?