The conflict in Kosovo has gone all the way to football (soccer). Serbia has officially opposed the Kosovo Soccer Association playing international matches as a national team. The Serbian Football Association plans to lodge a complaint with FIFA and UEFA and wants the Kosovo association first to receive permission to play as a national team.
There has been a series of arrests at the Pristina Airport over false documents. A few KPS officers along with regular civilians, and an airport employee have been arrested in connection to a ring producing and selling Slovenian travel documents. In total, six people have been arrested in the past week for involvement in the ring. A KPS Border Police officer is accused of assisting people using the fake documents to cross the border.
Two of the August Dubrava escapees were re-arrested in Pristina on Friday. During the search operations, several items of interest were confiscated including sub-machine guns and silences in addition to pistols and several boxes of ammunition. The sister of one of the escapees, a KPS officer, was also arrested under suspicion of aiding & abetting a fugitive along with two Kosovo-Albanians and an Albanian citizen (errr, how would you politically correct identify a citizen of Albanian in comparison to Kosovo Albanian??? Would it be K-Albanian and normal Albanian??? Somehow that doesn't sound quite right!)
Other Kosovo News...
- Fears of violence in Kosovo tug-of-war, would also make a good blog title, this article discussed the recent TV broadcast of the ANA and recent news that countries are being asked to take in Serbian refugees
- Croatia asked to take in Kosovo Serb refugees and keep them out of EU/NATO territories if Kosovo flares up
- Kosovo leaders warn against extremism
- Albanian National Army (ANA) video gathers much attention and PDSRSG questions authenticity
- US donates $1 million for restoration of historical sites in Kosovo including religious sites and Ottoman baths
- Romanian police acquitted for involvement in deadly Feb 2007 riot