Could Kosovo's status be put on hold until 2020 in exchange for billions of Euros in aid and an eventual referendum? BIRN takes a look in Kosovo's Moment of Truth at what the decision might mean for Kosovo. Kosovo's PM Agim Ceku has already rejected the idea stating that Kosovo's independence is not for sale. However, given that Kosovo will face tough economic times and possible isolation following a unilateral declaration of independence, other politicians might want to think twice before rejecting the plan so quickly. However, is the whole 2020 plan just a hoax??? The US State Department denies that there are any new plans for Kosovo's status other than the implementation of the Ahtisaari proposal.
Snippets of other Kosovo News...
- The Times published an article on Kosovo militias and the threat they pose towards progress and peace. The article takes a look at militias from both sides of the Kosovo argument in this interesting piece.
- B92 has an article about how some members of the Serbian parliament questions the multi-ethnic idea in Kosovo
- Serbia is urging Kosovo-Serbs to boycott the upcoming elections
- As a response, UN tells Serbia to stop intimidating Kosovo-Serbs who want to vote in the elections
- A poll of Serbs shows that they believe the coalition government will collapse over Kosovo