Thursday, April 1, 2004

Cabin Fever Galore!

Things are quiet in Kosovo with continuing vehicle restrictions and checkpoints.  The Swedish soldiers continue to ask me if I am Albanian or Serbian.  The other night when they asked to see my ID, the Swedish soldier was very taken aback when I showed him my UN ID.  He said "Oh, you work for UNMIK!"  

Many of us are suffering from cabin fever now.  We've been stranded in Pristina for nearly three weeks.  The DOA (Director of Administration) keeps sending out situation updates stating that the airport and border crossings are open...but we can't get to the border unless we take a taxi some 60 kilometers!  I will try to alleviate some of my cabin fever this weekend by planting my garden...I just hope that I'll be able to stay in Kosovo to see the results :)