Thursday, March 10, 2005

All Calm for Now

1230 CET:  It has been announced that there is a peaceful demonstration in Decani, Peja/Pec Region.  Security very clearly stated that it was in control of the police.
1130CET:  Our movement is still restricted in the Peja/Pec region but that is probably due to the fact that on the 7th of March two hand grenades were thrown at UN vehicles (one Coca-Cola and one white) and a bus of Serbs was stoned.

If you can remember back to mid-January where a Nigerian police officer was killed in a car bomb explosion in Prizren, I heard something interesting yesterday from a colleague about it.  Reportedly, the bomb was placed by the ANA (Albanian National Army) who has said that they are specifically targeting black and Asian persons.  I've heard little about the ANA except that it is a radical group.  I'm not sure of their intentions for operating in Kosovo but I'm definitely going to look into it.

Smokey is still caring for his little puppies.  They have doubled in size but still can slip through the fence for his kennel.  I'm not sure if they are the same two that I saw in January because they are both dark (sort of a bad mix of black, white, and brown I think.)  I have not seen the adorable brown puppy I took pictures of before.  I think maybe it was not lucky enough to survive the winter and/or crossing the road.  I still have not gotten over the amount of road-kill on the road between Pristina and Gracanica.  There always seems to be at least one dog or cat on the road every day.