Sunday, March 6, 2005

Guess What?! More SNOW!!!

It is still winter in Kosovo.  There is about a foot of new snow since last night.  It took a group of us about two hours to drive down to Bondsteel (a trip that normally takes 45 minutes.)  It's great to see everything all white (for a day at least before it gets muddy) but the power is getting a little worse.  It was off for around 2 1/2 hours earlier.  There doesn't seem to be a regular power schedule.  It seems to go off at all hours.  I suppose that it is going off when the system is overloaded.  My wood pile is pretty much exhausted but the landlord offered to let me take what I need from their pile.  But se la vie! 
I didn't post much last month due to the fact that I was sick for about three weeks.  First I got a cold the day of the concert.  I was going through a box of Kleenex every day for half the week.  I finally went to the pharmacy and asked for something to make my nose stop running.  I ended up looking like Rudolph after a few days.  The next week, I developed a horrible cough and ended up being kicked out of my office...told to go home and rest until I got better.  Everyone in my office ended up getting this nasty virus.  But because I didn't stay home and went out in the cold after a day of rest...I ended up being diagnosed with bronchitis :(  I took anti-biotics and am happy to say that I'm recovered and back to work now.