Friday, January 27, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

I wish! *haha*  I didn't have power for over 12 hours last night so the house was freezing when I woke up.  I finally tossed out the 4.2kw generator that I bought that didn't work...one of those friend of a relative has a good deal for you deals.  I told Kujtim that his uncle's friend either better fix it or I'm getting my money back.  I'm done with suffering in the cold and wondering how I'm going to compete with the growing pile of laundry in the bedroom :o)  My little 500w Honda generator is still chugging along fairly well after 4.5 years of Kosovo petrol (and mechanics *hehe*)  It was probably one of my better investments when I came to the mission :)

But all that aside, I'm looking forward to the weekend because I'm going SKIING!  Far too early for my taste, we are driving up to Brezovica tomorrow morning to enjoy the fresh air and a little fun on the mountain.  I'll hopefully get some new pics for the photo album if the weather is good.  I heard it was a bit foggy last weekend.

Oh, and I almost forgot!  My office recently moved out of MHQ downtown so I'll miss out on all the demonstrations, egg-throwing, and what-not.  I'm now working at AHQ near Kosovo Polje/Fushe Kosova and am usually found eating lunch at the Peacekeepers cafeteria.  Since moving out to AHQ, a couple people have recognized me from the site.  I'm also a fairly active person for the UNMIK SRC (Staff Recreation Committee) so you'll also find me dj-ing UN parties (next party is on the 17th of February) as Dj Vegas, showing movies or running around the gyms.  Anyways, I wanted to tell everyone that I'm a nice person, I don't bite (much), and please feel free to come up and say hi anytime :o)