Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Moving to Pristina

It's official now...I am making the move to Pristina.  After five years of living in Gracanica, I will have power, water, and central heating during the winter.  It will be interesting not to suffer through the winter...coming home to turn on the generator, start a wood fire, and crawl under a mountain of blankets to keep warm.  I will probably be able to sleep in my bedroom instead of on the fold-out couch in the living room through the coldest parts of the winter.
I will be making a move to the Dragodan neighborhood of Pristina.  I found a good deal on a three-bedroom flat with a huge balcony with a great view of downtown Pristina.  I'm sure the call to prayer will echo up the hill to wake me up in the mornings *hehe*  That and the blackbirds are something that I will have to learn to deal with in the mornings when I make the move from the quiet surroundings of village life.

My new landlord seems nice and the flat appears to be well-maintained.  The flat is part of a larger house with a common entrance.  The landlord lives on the ground level and I have the top two levels to myself...I think.  I have a feeling that I may be sharing the washing machine and possibly the internet cabling.  I will have to check and see if having the landlord come into the flat will be a problem.