Unfortunately I didn't get my New Year off to a good start as I ended up with food poisoning over the weekend from eating sushi in Pristina. I managed to last about 1 1/2 hours after dinner before I started paying homage to the porcelain gods. By T-5 hours (or maybe it should be S for Sushi?) S-5 hours, I was only getting worse and basically wanted to die right then & there on my bathroom floor which I discovered was very comfortably heated and okay to sleep on! S-16 hours I still couldn't hold down anything, my body even rejected plain bottled water! Finally S-26 hours I actually started to feel hungry and was able to hold down my first meal since eating the infamous sushi. But still even two full days after eating the sushi my stomach still isn't 100% recovered which is kind of scary!
A Ministry of Labor and Welfare vehicle with four Albanian passengers was blown up at approximately 1330 hours, seriously injuring one of the occupants. A KPS spokesperson verified that the explosion was caused by a hand grenade. It is not known if the government vehicle was the intended target or what was the motive.
MTCowgirl's Interesting Articles (So with the new year upon us, I will again say that these articles do not reflect my personal opinion but after reading them, I did find the articles interesting so I want to share them. Besides, you should always try to see things from different perspectives. After all if you want to make an argument for or against something it's best to see what opinions are out there!)
- Time to end Serb-bashing, an editorial in the Guardian Unlimited
- We will defend our territorial integrity, an interview with the Serbian Foreign Minister
- Factbox: Kosovo scenarios after elections, Reuters takes a look at what might, what if...
- Kosovo, the unintended consequences...World Net Daily commentary looks at what Kosovo's independence might mean
- Serbian Orthodox Church lashes out at world power-mongers over Kosovo
- Rewarding terrorism, deception in Kosovo, World Net Daily commentary
- UN puzzled over what to do after independence
- EU sees less than total independence for Kosovo
- Kosovo will not declare independence before 10 March
- EU mulling over timing of police mission
- UNMIK SRSG says that Standards depend on Status (anyone remember the saying Standards before Status???)
- Kosovo Serbs return to uncertainty, a look at Serb returnees near Klina