Meanwhile, the EU is still working on staffing for their police mission called EULEX and the US had confirmed that it negotiating its exact role in the mission and will most likely participate. It is expected that the US contingent will reduce in number from 220 officers to 80 officers for Kosovo under EULEX.
There will essentially be three different EU components working in Kosovo: EULEX, EU Special Rep Office, European Commission. Peter Feith who is featured predominantly in the news is the Special Representative while the EULEX mission will be headed by Yves de Kermabon. Kermabon was recently in the news stating that UNMIK will no longer be the "main player" in Kosovo soon.
MTCowgirl's Kosovo News
- Serbs quit Kosovo Customs service
- Editor of Kosovo paper Express pleads not guilty to contempt of court charges
- EU disputes and UN hesitation bring confusion to Kosovo
- Albanians allegedly stone Serb humanitarian aid bus
- Kosovo's displaced welcome and fear independence
- Czech Republic recognizes Kosovo and Serbia recalls ambassador
- Kosovo politicians argue over national holidays
- Clay faces and hope for the future illuminate Kosovo
- Recognition of Serb parallel institutions, a Vetevendosje article
- Kosovo actress steps onto red carpet at Cannes
- Kosovo must come clean on missing Serbs
- Kosovan and Catholic
- Hackers spread pro-Kosovo and pro-Serbia propaganda by defacing websites