Friday, May 16, 2008

Smokey Update

I know that it has been some time since I updated on Smokey and a few people are asking. I guess Smokey is fine but he has been having seizures lately and it seems that he has developed a form of dog epilepsy in the past year.  My poor puppy!  He is seizing more frequently than before but the seizures are not very long, probably 30 seconds to a minute.  Recently someone warned me about the dog kennel near the airport saying that after they left their dog there for an extended period of time that their dog had problems and had to be put down.  I was surprised to hear this as Smokey has spent several long stays while I've been away but there it is just in case the kennel does factor into the epilepsy (but he'll still be boarded there because they do take good care of him!)  However from reading there is still little known about what causes epilepsy in dogs.  I will take Smokey to the vet later today for a check-up and to buy him a collar to repel ticks as we have been walking in Germia lately and he appears to attract them like nothing else.  I've been pulling small tan/brown ticks out of his skin for the past 24 hours and every time I give him a pet I find another one :P  Yuck!!!
I finally got around to uploading a few of the photos from the Vetevendosje 9 May 2008 demonstration against the Serbian elections in Kosovo.  Interestingly in this demonstration it was Glauk who addressed the crowd and chanted "UCK" instead of normal Vetevendosje leader Albin Kurti who quietly stood by and watched.  Perhaps it has something to do with his "house arrest" which strangely enough allows him to do basically whatever he wants to during the day with a curfew of 7pm.

MTCowgirl's Kosovo News
MTCowgirl's Interesting Articles/Commentary