It comes as no great surprise that Russia has rejected the resolution introduced by the EU/US. Russia continues to oppose the resolution because the text still holds a hidden path to independence. Now the big question is, what's next? The resolution spells out that the negotiations would be carried out by diplomats of the Contact Group (US, UK, Italy, Germany, France, Russia) and the EU. However, South Africa's ambassador questioned how the EU could negotiate fairly as it has been a strong supporter of independence. The Security Council is due to debate Kosovo behind closed doors on Thursday.
MTCowgirl's Interesting News Articles...
- Chinese human trafficking ring broken up in Kosovo, eight arrested
- Summer of Discontent by Antiwar.com
- Kosovo Example Spurs Hope for Transdniestria, Nagorno Karabakh
- Hiding Genocide in Kosovo, a new book is available from American Council for Kosovo
- General Must Not Lie, what really happened in Racak???
- Serbia charges Kosovo Albanian with war crimes