Serbia is protesting the expected recognition and already Serbian hardliners are lashing out in anger against an art exhibit of a Kosovo Albanian in Belgrade. Hardliners clashed with police and the exhibit was closed. Additionally an explosion rocked a Slovenian owned shopping center resulting in material damages, no injuries and a second threat was called into another Slovenian center. Some Serbs are calling for a boycott of Slovenian products due to the recent Slovenian takeover of the EU presidency and the support the organization has been giving to Kosovo's independence.
Kosovo Serb politicians are also torn about what to think about the possible EU mission to Kosovo. Rival factions have differing opinions from boycott to welcoming the mission. Meanwhile it appears that the recently elected government of Serbia could collapse due to the loss of Kosovo and infighting about the SAA pact with the EU which is supposed to be considered a separate issue but in the minds of the people difficult to distinguish.
Other Kosovo News...
- As Albanians complain about poor education, minorities face even more struggles with education in Kosovo
- Independence moves spur fear on the streets for Serbs in Kosovo
- Kosovo boxers hope for independence so they can compete in Beijing Olympics
- Yugoslav memories preserved in Kosovo mental hospital
- Will Kosovo's independence spur other pro-self rule provinces - debate from both sides of the argument on Helium
- One concert in Kosovo not to miss
- Kosovo is ready, Hashim Thaci publishes commentary in the International Herald Tribune