Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lighten Up for Lunch :)

It's time to lighten up a bit.  The past weekend's event are kind of depressing so a couple of us decided to head out for a nice lunch downtown at the de Rada Brasserie (UCK Street #50 - 038 222 622).  While the menu is not extensive, basically everything on it is nice.  I had the parma ham, mozzarella, and tomato sandwich last time I visited and today I tried the linguini with ham, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.  I even picked out what I am going to have next time when my friends got their dishes of fried chicken, red peppers, and rice.  In addition to the nice dishes, the coffee and tea is excellent and the desserts (cheesecake, lemon tart, or tiramisu) are deliciously wicked. 
The restaurant itself is in the style of a typical brasserie or a cafe on the streets of Paris.  The walls are tastefully lined with bottles of wine and old black & white photos.  The interior of the restaurant can get a bit smoky.  There were vents on the ceiling but maybe they were not switched on because my clothes still reek of smoke :o)  But I think if you don't mind the smoke too much and are looking for a nice place to sit down and relax with friends, de Rada is the perfect place to do it.  The wine menu is extensive, the service is good, and the acoustics are balanced enough that you don't have to shout at the person across from you :o)